Sunday 25 October 2009

Old to New


For this part of the project we were given the choice to rebrand any of the following, tinned veg, spam, fondu tapioca and other redundant product. The idea was to bring them back in to circulation as either a new exiting or unusual product. The re-brand could be in keeping with the origins of the product, or have a modern up to date end product.
I ended up choosing mushy peas which
I was trying to steer away from, but the opportunity to re-brand the current mushy peas packaging was all to tempting. I felt that what ever I did would look more sophisticated.
I decided to go down the root of opening the scope for higher end people to except mushy peas as and indulgent accompaniment to expensive meals.
I worked out to do this I couldn't have the existing brand, style or even ingredients. My idea was to rebrand it as pea puree, a
perfect accompaniment to meals such as scallops wrapped in bacon. The reason I chose to do it this way is because it allows people of all social classes to go to the supermarket and buy the very thing that created the nostalgia at an expensive restaurant.
The product would come in a squeeze bottle and when heated up in the micro wave, thus be presented on the plate to the level of a high end restaurant, bringing back them all those nostalgic memories a couple of family experience.
In terms of concept I am very happy at the moment I don't think there is any competing products on the market. Next thing to perfect is the packaging, I need something that enhances the posh pea brand. I intend to look at M & S and waitrose labeling and packaging to move the product on!

No comments: