Saturday 24 October 2009


So for my business identity I was in to minds whether to go down the root of the controversial political pressure, or go with the musical influences and symphonies.
To be honest I was torn between the two so my final pieces represent both side
of the coin, showing that the political issue was as much a part of his life as the music.
The design consists of the original soviet badge but the symbols in the middle have been changed to what Dmitri Shostakovich truly believed in and if he could he would proudly represent.
The badge its self represents the sickle and a hammer to represent the farmers and the star represents the communist party. My badge takes a realist approach to the regime replacing the sickle with shackles to represent forced labour and wheat to represent the the famine that the soviet union caused.

No comments: