Monday 11 October 2010

Design Buddies

This morning George Beverly a designer came in to see a few of us to eventually make a decision on who he would like to work with over the next couple of months, kind of like a mentoring scheme including one to one chats on our current and future work also any problems that my arise over the year.
This will be a great opportunity to work with someone who is in the field of design. George was formally part of the design agency Marketing Matters which is a well established agency that has produced advertising for many companies around the world.
He had a look at my work over the past few years ranging from the text and image to the most recent branding/packaging project last year.
After that we saw some of the work that he had been a part of and there were a few big company names in the mix including Blackberry. Although I was very impressed with the style of work its not the line of work I see my self doing in the future.
But at the same time if the opportunity arose, I would have to jump in and gain this experience.
Tips I got from the meeting was that I need to express what kind of designer I am, i.e what field of design I want to pursue.
This is important from an interview perspective and defining yourself as a designer.
What am I?

No comments: